The Senior Marketing Manager will serve as the owner of the
brand and integrated marketing strategy. This position will also be responsible
for the development and adoption of a holistic brand message and a unified
approach for increasing sales across client’s brands. The Senior Marketing
Manager is accountable for developing the brand communication strategies across
the brands to build consumer demand and market share, grounded in deep
consumer, product, and market understanding. The Senior Marketing Manager must
possess a growth-oriented mindset, strong background building consumer product
brands, and a passion for the outdoor industry. This position will report to
the Brand Marketing Director and will lead a team of marketing co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Planning & Execution
· Creates the integrated marketing
plan that meets the annual marketing objectives within the appropriate budget
parameters and planning calendar.
· Sets clear and measurable goals for
integrated marketing programs, conducts the monitoring of progress and
modifications as needed.
· Activates brand activities in
accordance to the brand identity and guidelines.
· Leads the development of
advertising briefs and advertising strategy across all areas of the business –
creative, digital, events, PR, etc.
· Manages internal and external
partners, including the agency of record, to deliver on marketing goals
· Uses all available data and
research to develop and optimize the business.
· Manages the marketing budgets.
· Supports setting marketing/sales
objectives for the group and developing strategies and tactics.
· Collaborates with Sales to drive
revenue at top accounts, specifically via in-store marketing and new product
· Leads development of the annual
consumer promotion plan, including measuring and analyzing ROI.
· Brings the brands to life in the
store environment, delivering a best-in-class retail experience.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing,
business, or related field required. MBA preferred.
· Minimum of 7 years in marketing
· Minimum of 2 years in related
industry experience (outdoor industry, big ticket durable items, or enthusiast
· Minimum of 2 years in a leadership
role managing at least 1 direct report
· Experience with lifestyle brands
· Proven success in executing a
comprehensive marketing plan that is integrated across multiple consumer touch
· Must have worked in a product
environment with demonstrated success in bringing new products to market
· Must be a creative thinker –
particularly strong at tactical creative skills including copy writing and
· Must have incredibly strong
planning skills with the ability to leverage fully a vast network of internal
and external partners
· Experience driving execution in
collaboration with brick and mortar retailers
· Experience with consumer research,
analytics, and marketing ROI
· Strong problem-solving and critical
thinking skills with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
· Comfort with fast paced and
changing work environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Work in office environment.
to 25% travel